Nimitt
This is an post related to an incident that happened with me.This incident urged me to start my BLOG.

This thing happened on 23rd February,2009. I was returning from Nathdwara a place in Rajasthan some 60 kms away from UDAIPUR.I boarded my bus at 14.00 hrs.Bus was of X[Name withheld] company which is an well-known company.It was an sleeper VOLVO.As soon as I boarded my bus I went to sleep.We were scheduled to reach UDAIPUR in some 60 mins where we were supposed to pick up passengers.I woke up after about 2hrs sleep at 16.00hrs.When I woke up I saw the bus was parked in an area which was like an jungle.First I din realise what was going on.Then i stepped down from the bus and asked my father what was happening.
          He informed me that the bus was seized by the R.T.O. Everyone was thinking that it would have been some tax issue.But whatever be the issue,how can someone seize an passenger-bus with 22 people on it which included 15 ladies.As I wrote before the place wore an look of an jungle and there we were with no knowledge what was happening.
        It was as if we were kidnapped by some terrorists but with only 1 difference that we could drink TEA.There was an chaiwaala who was well into his 80's.He would have never expepcted to have us as his customer.It was an Diwali for him.
        As we all sat and were drinking 'masala-waali chai' it was fast getting dark.It was already 3 hrs since we had arrived at that place.Then my dad called X's h/o in MUMBAI asking him to tell us what was happening.They said it was some tax papers that were missing and it would be resolved within 15-20 mins.
       Another hour passed and still nothing happened.It was 7 in the evening and it was completely dark.Then suddenly an bike came.There was some person who we could'nt identified.He said I have come from the X office and then told us the real reason why we were held up.
       Let me clarify the reason that I'm going to state was as told to us by the X company.
When I heard the reason I was shocked ,petrified.He said 2 days ago they had received a call from R.T.O office that an guest of an local M.L.A was going to travel from Mumbai to Udaipur.So he wanted an discount on the ticket.So the company gave him some discount.Now after 2 days when the bus was seized what the reason given was why din't the compan give a free ticket to that so-called V.I.P. So the M.L.A got angry and told the R.T.O. officials to seize the bus.
       Then maybe some settlement happened and we re-started our journey after spending 5 hrs in the jungle like area.At that point thepassengers were really angry and blasted the company-head that was present there.Company-head told us to come to the local collector and lodge an complaint with him.But we were already 5-hrs late which menat we would be reaching at around 10 in the morning at Mumbai.So passengers said we had no time to lodge an complaint and sat in the bus.
      This was the 1st time I faced such an situation.If the reason given by the company was true,then well GOD help INDIA.Some M.L.A. had the audacity and more importantly the courage to seize an passenger laden bus.As they say 'MERA BHARAT MAHAN'. 
1 Response
  1. Atul Says:

    hey man!
    sorry to hear about ur trouble's!
    really shocking the story is. ek MLA ne pure bus ko rukwaya , damn! and that too for such a cheap n petty reason. shame on him!
    if such people lead our society, then god help us.
    anyways, pleased to hear dat u n ur family returned safely .
    keep bloging..........